Sunday, June 5, 2011

[Short Fiction] Old Friends

I didn't write fiction for quite a long time... (about 3 years)
but this story popped up in my head
and made me think that I have to finish it
you know... writing fiction in another language is so damn hard D: !!!
so I have some help from my friend
http://rosalynbaby.blogspot.com

Here we are
"Old Friends" !!!!





Everyday back then… It was so happy
Every moment that three of us were together… It was joyous
We always stay together...
But now…. It’s all wrong… …so wrong…


Early in the morning, as usual, sunlight bathed Blaine’s room. This black-haired man occasionally woke up from nightmare with tears all over his cheeks but today, it is different. The 3rd of May has returned. Especially on this date, this man can never stop reminiscing his precious memories. The past that he’ll never forget, 
“Elle… Why did you leave us…” He said while he’s shedding his tear from the nightmare. Without further ado, he leaves his bed and head to shower.

“Ding-dong”, Blaine’s doorbell rang while he’s still in his shower. “So early in the morning, I wonder who it is!”, wondered Blaine. As he did not want to keep his visitor waiting, he took his towel wrapped it around his waist and hurried to the door.

“Ding-dong, ding-dong”, the doorbell keep on ringing.

“I’m coming!!”, Blaine shouted as he’s approaching the door.

When he fetched his visitor, a familiar blonde haired man appears in front of him. He is his age, has bad boy appearance with a pierce on his left ear and he’s carrying a large backpack on his back.

“Yo! Blaine” He waved his hand toward the owner of the house.

POWWW!!

Blaine punched the visitor with all of his strength that the blonde haired man fell down to the ground.

“How dare you come back here again!!” Blaine yelled.
“You’re still as strong as usual, Blaine” said the blonde haired man.

Blaine stunned for a while because this man replied with a smile after a punch. Then, he stood up and entered the house quickly saying, “I’m home”.

“Hey!! Who let you in, Chris!!!”, yelled Blaine who is clearly do not welcome his visitor but Chris already settle down his large backpack in his living room.

“What the hell are you doing here”, said Blaine, who is very pissed.

“I came back… to stay here with you like before”, said Chris.

Although Chris looked sincere, Blaine is still furious about seeing Chris again. “I won’t let you stay here, not after you left without a word or even feeling guilty!!” yelled Blaine. While Blaine grabbed the large backpack in an attempt to throw it outside, his towel fell off. 

“Ah~ your towel fell off~~”, Chris teased.

“Shit. I’ll be right back. Let me wear my clothes and I hope you disappear once I am back here!!”, said Blaine with red face as he ran upstairs. Chris laughed and shouted “I won’t go anywhere~~ take your time!!”.

When Blaine returned within minutes, he saw his old friend has taken off all his clothes except his brief.

“Holy shit, what are you doing!!!!” Blaine yelled again. At this point, Blaine felt depressed to have this friend who treated his house like his own.
“I’m just taking off my clothes? You know it’s really hot recently, it’s summer”, said Chris.

“But why you’re taking off here in my house!!” yelled Blaine while pulling Chris up from his sofa.

“Isn’t it our house?” said Chris.

“It’s not yours anymore!” replied Blaine.

Both of them become silent for a while.


“Elle left us… because of you!! And you left this place without a single word!!” yelled Blaine.

“So you still remember that story…” sighed Chris.

“How the hell could I forget it! Elle is my most precious friend but you… you made her left this town went away from us !!” yelled Blaine, with more anger

“If you want to think that way, just keep it up. I’m going to sleep now” Chris replied and slept on the sofa.

“Hey!!!!! How dare you sleep here!! Get out of my home!!!” Blaine yelled at his friend and tried to drag him off the sofa but Chris kept endured his friend’s annoyance and sleep peacefully.

“You really… have never changed…”. Blaine gave up from trying to throw his friend out from this home. He was so angry that he need to cool down so he yelled from the door, “I’m going out”.

“Uh” Chris replied.
“Damn!!” He complained with anger and walk off his home…

“You didn’t change a bit either, Blaine” Chris whisper to himself.

Blaine walked along the street path, he saw kids playing around the compound.
Some kids chasing each other on the street filled with houses.
Blaine watched those kids playing with each other. 
“Being kid is really fun…” he whispered to himself as he's still walking along the street.

Here, Blaine reminisce his teenage memories again…

Chris… the man who invaded his living room a while ago… is his old friend. They have been close friends since elementary school and because both of their houses near each other so they went over to each other’s home countless times. Chris also stayed over occasionally, because Blaine’s parents are dead but his relatives sent him salaries every month.

When Chris has turned 13 years old, he loved traveling around to all over country and no one can contact him while he’s gone. It’s little unusual for a teenage to travel all around but it’s Chris. His dream is to travel around the world one day. Chris always took part-time jobs for his travel fund. When he have enough money to travel, he would travel alone for days and then he’d come back and tell his friends, especially Blaine, about his journey. He always had fun travelling.

Another dearest old friend was Elle… Elle was the kindest, the cutest, the prettiest, the best girl he has ever known and she's always be by his side even when Chris's gone. Every time Chris came back from his trips, three of them would hang out and have fun together. Chris and Blaine came to knew Elle because back then when they were around 10 years old, they saw her surrounded by a gang of punkers outside school most probably because she is beautiful. There they decided to fight off those punks to save her. Although both of them were beaten badly, they manage to help Elle escape safely. Since that incident, three of them always stick together. 

After a while, Blaine stood up and kept walking until he reached the hill…
There’s a small path upward this hill… He walked along the narrow path… Both side filled with huge trees and made this area felt like a forest. He kept walking until he reached the light that led him to the exit of this forest.

The scenery of the sea showed up as he reached the exit. It’s the cliff the able to view the sea everywhere. There’s a big tree at the end of this cliff.

He sat down at the edge of the cliff

“I’m back” He said as if someone here.

“Chris is back as well. He hasn’t change a bit. Easy come easy go as ever. He really loves to make me worry about him and now he’s sleeping at my house again!! I really wish you were here, Elle” his tear started to fall down from his eyes.

“I…I really wanted… to go back in time…” He kept crying “It was… the very best time… of my life… I’m really happy… back then… when… three of us hang out together… we’ve never been separated… for such a long time….”

“But...there’s no way you’ll come back here again… Elle… I miss you so much” He cried harder and harder as he expressed all of his feeling there.

“Why do you have to die, Elle!!!!?  Why!!!!!!” He screamed up to the sky as if someone up there listened to him. Then there’s this blonde girl appeared inside of his memory…

She’s so beautiful like an angel. Her long blonde hair flowed pretty along the wind, her shining blue eyes, her small lips, her white cheeks; all of them make her looks pretty no matter what direction you look at her. Elle.

Another two boys appear inside that memory as well. Chris and Blaine.
Three of them sit here on the edge of this cliff. They’re teasing each other and having so much fun. They always chat all day long here until late evening.

Another memory reminisced… Three of them were playing water rockets on this cliff… Those rockets flew out to the sea. The spray that came out of the rocket painted the rainbow all over this cliff… It’s the most beautiful thing they’ve ever seen in their life…

The memories where three of them stuck together all time… Everywhere… Even at school, at Blaine’s house or this cliff… It’s the most precious memory to him. All those memories keep coming out like the water from his eyes.

“Found you! Miss me so much that you cried??” familiar voice came out from behind.

“Who missed you, idiot!” Blaine shed his tear.

“You’re being dishonest to your own heart” Chris came to sit next to him. “I know you’re here. Because this is our secret base, right? Elle, I’m back. I miss you so bad too…”

“How dare you!!” Blaine stood “Isn’t it you who made her died!!!” he pulled Chris up with his anger.

“Still you never change your thought about that...” he replied calmly.

“How should I think of it in another way! You said it yourself that you’re the reason why she’s dead. You pushed her down the cliff right!?” then he launched his fist toward his friend again but then the stone at the edge of the cliff fell off and he tripped and fell out.

“Damn!!” Chris screamed and grabbed his friend’s hands “Don’t follow Elle so fast, Hurry up and come on back here!!”

“Don’t leave me!!” Blaine said with fear overwhelming his mind and try struggling his best to go up to the cliff.

“No way! I won’t let it happen again!!” Chris screamed as he pulled his friend with all his might. When Blaine is safe, Chris started to confess..

“What do you mean by ‘again?’”

“It’s that day… Your 15th birthday… We told you to come here… to surprise you… It wasn’t what you think” 

3 years ago .. 

“Hurry, Hurry and hide behind that tree. Blaine is coming” said the blond haired boy said to blonde haired girl.

“Ok” then both of them hid behind the big tree at the end of cliff with a gift box.

“Do you think Blaine will like it?” the boy said while he’s picking up the box.

“Of course, he really loves music box and this music box is snow globe too. I bet he’ll be happy to tears. “ the girl smiled.


Blaine did not appear. He was late by one hour.

“Damn, what took him so long….”, the blond boy started to get mad.

“Yeah, I wondered why… Let’s give him a call”, said the blonde haired girl.

“Uh huh” replied Chris and he called Blaine.

“Where the hell are you!!”, shouted Chris.

“Sorry sorry, my part-time manager asked to help him with something but I’m almost there.”

“Ok, Ok. Hurry up, dude”

“I’m going as fast as I can already”

“Ok!” then he broke on the line

“Damnnn, he’s really a slowpoke as always” he’s angry

“Calm down, Chris. It’s his birthday” blonde girl pat his back

“Ok”

“I’m so excited to surprise him” she said

“Me too” and they both smiled.

After 15minutes, they heard sound of footsteps echoed from the forest. Trampled dry leaves.


“Do you hear that, Chris? He’s here. He’s here!!” she said with excitement and hurry stood up.
Because of her rush, she got dizzy then step her foot back and tripped from the small rock beneath her feet. She fell off the cliff…

“Elle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” the blonde haired boy jump over and stretch his hands out toward the girl… but he couldn’t reach her…

“I love you guys from the bottom of my heart!!” blonde girl screamed as she fell down the cliff with tears all over her white cheeks.

“No Elle!! Come back to me!!! Elle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

“What are you doing, Chris?” A black haired boy came out from the forest
“Elle… is gone….” He cried
“What do you mean she’s gone??” Blaine’s confused by Chris’ action
“She fell off the cliff… She’s gone!!!!!” Chris kneeled down and cried hard
“You’re kidding me, right? Tell me you’re kidding me, Chris!!!!” Blaine followed Chris down to the ground
“It’s my fault It’s my fault!!!!!!!!!!!!” he screamed

Then Chris and Blaine called Elle’s parent.
Everyone’s searching for Elle a whole night…
And they found her….

Her soulless body…


After that day… Chris left this town… No one could contact him… as always…
Blaine never went back to that cliff again… until now… after 3 years has passed

“Hurry up and get back here!!” Chris shouted out as he pulled his friend with all of his strength again and they did it. Blaine finally got back to the surface. “Everything’s my fault… If I didn’t plan to surprise you, she’d still be here…” Chris continued talking
Blaine didn’t reply a thing. He’s shocked and confused about what happened before. He misunderstood his friend the entire 3 years and drowned in hatred and sorrow...

“Let’s go home. I have something to show you” Chris stood up and reached out his hand toward his friend… Blaine took that hand and pulled himself to stand up.

Both of them walked home

In the living room… They sat on the couch. Chris opened his large backpack and drawn out a gift box…
“Happy 18th birthday, Blaine… from me and Elle…” he gave his box to his friend
Blaine received it…
“Can I open it now?”
“Sure”
Then he carefully unwrapped the box’s paper and open the box slowly…
There’s a small snow globe… In that globe filled with snow and Christmas tree. It’s also a music box… He circled it around and released it….



The melodies came out. It’s his favorite song…. The snow started floating and spreading around the globe…
Blaine started to cry…

“Thank you… Thank you so much… Thanks Chris… Thanks Elle…” He held this globe in his chest. Chris patted his head
“The last word Elle said… I still remember it clearly… ‘I love you guys from the bottom of my heart’ I didn’t even said that I love her so much too…” He began to cry along with his friend…
As the time passed by, both of them stopped crying and talked about things that they’ve been through.

“How long will you stay here?” Blaine asked
“I’m not so sure”
“Could you…. Could you please not go? I’m really lonely when you guys weren’t around”
“Hahahaha. Now you said it you missed me so much. I really couldn’t say how long can I stay… If my heart wants to go, so I have to” He laughed

“Why didn’t tell me everything about that day before you left”
“I couldn’t believe that she really died… I still thought that she’ll come back and three of us will hang out together, do crazy things together, play that water rocket again, so I left the town and hope that when I come back Elle will also come back too but I realize that she won’t come back anymore so I came back to give you this give on this day… Your 18th birthday” He smiled
“Damn. You make me wait for this gift for whole 3 years!!” Blaine poked his friend’s head
“ughhh it’s hurt” Chris rubbed his own head

“It’s a revenge for making me having a nightmare every single day!”
“Really??!!!”
“Yes! You guys are my most important memory in my life… Since my parents’ gone I only had you guys to make me smiled every single day but now there’s only you. You’re the only thing in my life now”
“Sounds so gay, that’s creepy” Chris rubbed his arms
“What are you thinking!!” he yelled “Well, it’s very late now. I’m going to bed” then he stood up
“Good night” Blaine said “Good night” Chris replied
“Your room upstairs is still the same, you can sleep over there”
“It’s ok. I’ll sleep here. No TV up there” Chris laughed
“Ok then… Bye”
“Good night… Again”
Then Blaine walked away
“You really don’t want to sleep up there???” He turned back
“No!!”
“Oh, OK. Good night” he left… again
“uh, Good night”

“Really???” he turned back again
“gahhhhh, You want me to sleep with you??!!”
“Are you crazy?!! I’ll really go to bed then”
“Make sure you really go to bed”
“OK”
“Goodnight…. Again” then Blaine really left…

He went upstairs to his bedroom.
It’s a small room with bed, closet and a desk with some decoration all over the room..
There’s a picture frame on his desk. There’re 3 kids in that picture. One is the blonde haired girl in the middle sticking her tongue out. Another one is the black haired boy on the left pulling his eyelid up. Last one is the blond haired boy on the right poking his own nose.
“We’re really crazy” He laughed at that picture then he took it to sleep with
“At least Chris is back… It’s not really Chris’ fault that you’re gone, Elle… It’s my birthday… I know that Chris always blame himself for everything but I won’t blame this on anyone else. You know I miss you so bad. Chris and you is the most important thing in my life. I will never ever forget both of you even though I was trying.” He laughed with a little tear “I love you from the bottom of my heart too, Elle” then he slept with the picture frame in his chest…
“I love you so much too, Blaine” Chris who stood outside the room said… even though no one heard what he said…

One long day passed…
A reunion of best friends… Exciting and risky incident… Reconcile with beloved friends…
All of these happened in one day of this man’s life… It’s going to be another day that he’ll never forget for his entire life…

Morning sun lighted up the room
Black haired guy woke up with drowsiness then he went downstairs
“Morning Chris” He said while he’s in the kitchen but no replied “Guess he’s still sleeping”
He made a coffee and went to the living room… His friend’s not there, his backpack too. He put his glass of coffee down
“Are you upstairs Chris???” He screamed while he hurried running upstairs
He opened the door on the opposite side of his room.
And he found… no one…. No backpack too…

“Where have you gone, Chris” He walked around the room and found a note on the desk

‘Sorry that I have to go…
There’s a place that I really have to go.
I’ll go back to you as soon as I finished this adventure…
and this time I’ll stay with you for long long time!
Don’t cry missing me. Hahahaha

See you later, ‘MY BEST FRIEND’
Chris'

“Bastard… Who’s going to miss you” He smiled with tears on his cheeks 
“Thanks for coming back… 
and made me know that… 
Three of us will stick together forever and ever… 
no matter how far we’ve been… 
We’ll never forget about each other… 
I think this is called ‘friendship” right?
 I love you
‘MY BEST FRIEND’”




Some people choose to forget...
Some choose to dwell...
but you can choose neither...
(Credit : Wong Fu Production)


How is it !!
let me know in comment please ^^

cya :D !!

2 comments:

  1. i only help you a lil >< hehe, really not bad, imagine if i tried to write a foreign language fiction like thai.. i can totally die D:

    ReplyDelete

I really love it when you comment ^^